Having the best children's birthday party shouldn't be a stressful thing. Follow the timeline below and your child and you will be the hit of the neighborhood.
About a month before your party you'll want to:
- Talk with your child and choose a party theme and/or decide what your "entertainment" will be for the party. This will help you determine your party budget as well.
- Create the guest list. Don't forget to include friends from school, the neighborhood as well as relatives and more distant friends.
- Choose a party date and time. Most children's birthday parties are generally one to two hours long
- Order the general party supplies: tablecloth, tableware, decorations, etc.
- Think about games. Keep the ages and personalities of the children as you plan your activities. And sometimes shorter and simpler parties with one fun activity are best and least stressful.
- Decide on your menu. Are you just having cake and ice cream? Is the party at a mealtime and do you need to order pizzas or are you cooking yourself, etc
- Mail the invitations. You will probably need to call everyone that doesnít RSVP. People will forget and will appreciate the reminder call or text.
- Ask for help. If you think you might need some help for party day, ask a couple of the moms of the kids who are invited to stay and help. Most people would love to, you just need to ask.
One week before party day you should:
- Bake your cake and freeze it. Knowing the cake is done will be such a stress reliever on the big day!
- Prepare and freeze any other foods that can be made in advance.
- Get an exact guest count. Call any guests who have not responded.
- Get any last minute food items and don't forget candles, and matches!
- Check your batteries an storage in your camera.
- Purchase a small helium tank from your local party or craft store. It's a great thing to keep your children busy the morning of the party too!
- Make up a party timeline for the party day so you don't forget anything.
One day before the party remember to:
- Take out food and cake from the freezer.
- Do any decorating that you can do in advance
- Finish any food preparation that can be done ahead of time.
- On the morning of the party day make sure to:
- Fill your balloons with helium.
- Prepare any foods and beverages that could not be made ahead of time.
- Write out your timeline for the day so you donít forget anything.
- You don't want to miss out on the memories you'll have with the pictures, so ask a relative or trusted friend to be responsible for the picture taking.
- Relax and enjoy this great day. And then get ready for next year!
We're obsessed with helping people lead their best life possible. Whether it's for ladies on the go, or moms with children or grandparents, we're committed to the happiness of our readers and customers.
Visit our store to check out some of our latest additions: https://gravitymain.com/